HDCP is made into several devices including streaming video hardware, cable boxes, satellite television receivers and more. If your old HDTV doesn’t have HDCP built into it, you won’t be ready to watch the HDCP compatible contents. Hence, once you connect HDCP standard devices, you’ll see HDCP error, ERROR: NON-HDCP OUTPUT or an entire blank screen on your TV.What if everything is alright and you are still getting fix the HDCP error on Apple TV?.
1. Check HDMI Cable OFF/On Apple TV and Receiver
- Unplug HDMI cable then plug it back firmly.
- Turn off receiver and Apple TV. Next, unplug Apple TV from the facility source. Then, wait a while. Plug it back to the facility source then activate Apple TV also as a receiver.
- Make sure you’ve got selected the HDMI input which matches the HDMI port connected to your Apple TV.
- Receiver or HDMI switch could be creating trouble. Hence, try connecting Apple TV on to your TV.
- Even the cable could be guilty. Hence, try a special cable to ascertain if it works.
- Open Settings → Audio and Video → adjust the HDMI settings.
2. Restore your Apple TV to its factory settings
- Head over to Settings → System → Reset.
- Now, you’ve got to pick a reset option:
Reset: It allows you to reset your device fast even without an online connection.
Reset and Update: It resets your Apple TV to factory settings and installs software updates using an online connection.
Choose the higher option as per your convenience and reset your TV as was common.
3. Restore Apple TV through iTunes
- First off, you would like to unplug the HDMI cable and cord from the Apple TV. Then, launch iTunes on your computer.
- Next, plug a USB-C cable on the rear of the Apple TV and you’ve got to plug the opposite end of your USB-C into a USB port on your computer.
- Check out the summary page in iTunes.
- Click Restore Apple TV. Now, allow it to urge restored successfully.
- Once your Apple TV has finished restoring, you would like to unplug the USB-C and cord. Then you’ve got to reconnect the HDMI cable and cord to your Apple TV.
Assuming you have been able to Fix the HDCP Error on Apple TV this issue after trying out all these solutions. But if nothing has worked and you are still facing this error on your Apple TV, contact Apple for help.Contact Apple for help.