It is difficult to work out the precise reason of your iTunes Error 9. But it’s going to flow from to any of the explanations given below :
- USB port or cable is broken
- You have your iPhone
- Corrupt network settings
- Security software prevents access to Apple server
How to fix iTunes error 9?
Since it’s usually, considered a hardware issue, you ought to begin with hardware-related workarounds and later move to other software troubleshooting methods.
Going by the order, try below methods to repair iTunes Error 9:
- Check USB cable & port
- Restore iPhone with iTunes on another computer
- Force your device to restart
- Check Anti-Virus & Firewall on your computer
- Update iTunes to the newest version
- Use Recovery Mode to repair iTunes Error 9 Choose to update iPhone wireless.
Solution 1: Check USB cable and port
Make sure your iPhone USB cable and port are properly connected and dealing fine. Do the below checks and fix:
- USB cable isn’t loosely connected to the pc.
- You are using the USB cable that you simply got together with your iPhone or another certified cable.
- The USB port isn’t damaged. Try by shifting to a different USB port.
Solution 2: Restore iPhone with iTunes on another computer
iTunes error 9 is usually considered a hardware-related problem. Sometimes it’s difficult to detect the difficulty . the better answer is to revive iPhone using iTunes on another computer or laptop. If still the error persists, advance to the opposite work arounds.
Solution 3: Force restart your device
Apple suggests trying once force a restart of iPhone to repair iTunes error 9.
iPhone X, iPhone 8, & iPhone 8 Plus users: Press and quickly release the quantity Up button. Press and quickly release the quantity Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 Plus users: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons for a minimum of 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
Solution 4: Check Anti-Virus & Firewall on your computer
Antivirus or Firewalls in your computer may prevent iTunes to attach with Apple server. Check the safety software settings, and weak them if required to permit iTunes to access the network servers.
Solution 5: Update iTunes to the newest version
Updates usually usher in new features, fix existing bugs and make the appliance smarter. If the iTunes error 9 is thanks to outdated iTunes, installing the newest version may help to repair the error.
How to update iTunes to the latest version?
For Windows users: Launch iTunes on PC. On the menu bar, click Help > Check for Updates and follow the given instructions
For Mac users: Launch iTunes on Mac. On Menu bar attend iTunes > Check for Updates and follow the on-screen instructions.
After updating iTunes, reboot your computer and check if the iTunes error 9 is fixed.
Solution 6: Use Recovery Mode to repair iTunes Error 9
All the above methods fail to repair iTunes error 9? As pis choose Recovery Mode to revive iPhone in iTunes. Choosing this feature means you’ll lose all of your iPhone data. Thus, first take backup in iCloud or iTunes before applying this fix.
How to put your iPhone into Recovery Mode? (For iPhone 8, 8 Plus, & X users)
- Update your iTunes.
- Press and release the quantity Up button then the quantity Down button.
- Press and hold the Side button till hook up with iTunes screen appears.
- Once the iPhone is in Recovery Mode, connect your computer with
- iPhone via USB cable. you’ll see the white Apple logo screen.
- When iTunes asks you to update or restore, click Update to reinstall iOS.
Solution 7: Choose to update iPhone wirelessly
Alternatively update iPhone wireless, without using iTunes. Make sure you have a continuous Internet connection. Go to Settings > General > Software Update. If an update is available, tap on Download and Install.
You also read : iTunes error 14